The philosophy at Hesston Golf Course is "Great golf accessible to all," and the layout of the course goes hand in hand with this concept.
The zoysia fairways are wide and lush, and the greens are firm and fast. With five sets of tee markers Hesston provides a fair challenge for all playing abilities. HGC has a rating of 73.3 and a par of 71. The par threes average 225 yards from the back tees.
HGC is a walker friendly course. Kansas' topographical layout doesn't provide for many elevation changes, so the designers of HGC elevated every green on the course. This provides a chance for interesting lob or flop shots if you miss, and challenges your short game imagination if you miss on the short-side.
One of our signature holes is the par four 5th. It is a dog-leg left and has a dramatic elevation change to the putting surface. Cut off too much of the dogleg on your tee shot, and you could end up in the pond or out of bounds. Traditional players get the benefit of added length from the tee, and are left with a long approach to a very elevated and small green. Par is a fantastic score from here.
The real signature at Hesston Golf Course is actually the group of par threes at Hesston. Depending on the wind and your length, driver off the tee isn't unheard of. There are long-time players at Hesston who say that they've hit everything from an 8-iron to a driver on the par threes here and that's not hard to believe.
If the long par 3's or Middle Emma Creek haven't taken their toll on you through the first 17 holes, never fear; Hesston leaves the best for last with the demanding Par 5, 18th. The closing hole at Hesston features large fairway and greenside bunkering and water just to make sure you remember the hole. At 415 yards from the gold tees and 520 yards from the blacks, its certainly not the longest par 5 but beware, it does provide quite the challenge!
Rules Governing Play
- USGA Rules prevail except when modified by local rules
- Non-metal spikes shoes required
- Each player must have his or her own set of clubs (rental clubs available)
- Out of Bounds defined by white stakes or fences
- Out of Bounds stakes between Hole #1 & Hole #2 are for the tee shot on Hole #1 only
- Please follow the pace of play (2 hours per 9 holes)
- Allow faster players to play through
- Repair ball marks and rake bunkers
- Carts must follow the cart rule for the day.
- No more than 2 people per golf cart.
- No outside coolers are allowed on the course. If one is brought, you will be asked to return it to your vehicle.