2021 Hesston Senior Rules
- ALL are welcome to play with the Seniors regardless of your age!
- Ages 59 & Under plays the WHITE Tees (Example: Player A is 68 years old but his handicap is 7.8. He can play the Gold Tees because of his age)
- Ages 60-74 handicap plays the GOLD Tees
- Ages 75+ handicap or higher plays the RED Tees
- A player can always move back a set(s) of tee boxes if they want. These rules just keep someone from moving forward.
- All handicaps are adjusted based on the USGA suggestion for the Tee Differential when different tees are being played.
- Hole ALL Putts
- Seniors will play the ball UP everywhere within a club length. You CAN NOT change cuts!! (any club except your putter)
The Seniors have adopted the following local rules and these rules will be in effect immediately…
- All native grasses and water hazards are now considered a “Penalty Area”. If you hit your ball in a penalty area, proceed as if it were a water hazard. You can find your ball and play it, or find the point where it last crossed and take your proper relief. (This will help eliminate all issues with Holes 3 & 9 ; everything right is played as a hazard now) You can not play the ball up in a Penalty Area! This is defined as a mow line, water line, or a marked red line if present.
- You can ground your club and move loose impediments in a Penalty Area. (Only exception would be in a bunker. You can not ground your club in a bunker unless you trip going in or out and need it as a crutch)
- A ball that is hit Out of Bounds or is a Lost Ball in an area that is not a Penalty Area must be played with the normal stroke and distance rules. Go back to your previous location and hit from there, adding a penalty stroke.
- Ball drop height is knee level.
- Time to search for a lost ball is 3 minutes from when you arrive and begin searching.
- You may leave the flagstick in to putt if you so choose to.
- You may tap down any damage to a putting green (spike marks)
- There is no longer a penalty for a double hit. Play the ball from where it came to rest.
- If a ball is accidentally moved on the putting green, you replace the ball back and no penalty is assessed.
- If a ball unintentionally hits you or your equipment, it is not longer a penalty.
- We added a maximum score of 10 per hole. If you want to continue to play and have a higher score, you are more than welcome to.
The Seniors schedule of play is a follows:
- Monday- $3 Stroke Play Game - Throw balls for groups.
- Tuesday- $3 Shamble - Team Captain is picked and then random draw after that to fill groups.
- Wednesday-$5 Senior Scramble (18 Holes) - Groups are drawn at random.
- Thursday- $3 Stroke Play Game - Throw balls for groups
- Friday - (Pro's Choice)
Monday/Thursday -Stroke Play
- The Seniors play a $3 game. Here is how it pays out…$1.20 goes towards Net Individual, $.60 goes toward Net Eggs, $.60 goes toward Gross Eggs, and $.60 goes toward Net Four Ball (Blind draw for partner by the computer)
- Pay the Low Front and Back Putts for the day to the whole group
- 6 Hole Robins - $1 per player ($3 total for the 18 holes)
- Gross Eggs - Max of 2 Eggs per Person
- We are moving the Senior Scramble to Wednesdays for 2020!!
Friday: Stroke Play
- Net Front/Back/Total ; Two Gross Egg Max ; Putts Front & Back (All Quarter Bets)
- $40 annually (End of year party and USGA Handicap)
- $5 a man (do not have to be a member of Senior Club)